About The Bucyrus Little Theatre
The Bucyrus Little Theatre is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
Established in 1951, the BLT has staged quality performances for years with the support of local businesses, community members, and numerous volunteers and patrons. Early productions were held in the current Bucyrus Elementary School Building, which was then Bucyrus High School.
A move to a former bakery at the corner of Spring and Center streets met the young theatre's needs for the next several years until the BLT purchased and remodeled its current location in 1957.
The original charter expressed the purpose for the organization: to provide cultural enrichment, education and entertainment to Bucyrus and the surrounding area. Six decades later, we are continuing our work to bring the performing arts and cultural diversity to Bucyrus and surrounding communities at our newly remodeled facilities made possible by significant grants from the Timken Foundation, the Community Foundation for Crawford County and other generous supporting organizations and individuals.
Today, our mission is this:
To promote, organize, rehearse, and present theatrical productions for the education, enjoyment, and literary enlightenment of its members and the general public.